General Auditions, October 2019: Kentucky Shakespeare will hold open auditions for the 2020 spring tour and summer season on Saturday, October 26 and Monday, October 28, 2019.
- Actors who have not previously worked with us may schedule an audition appointment beginning September 16, by emailing Amy Attaway, Associate Artistic Director.
- Actors are asked to prepare two contrasting Shakespeare monologues under 3 minutes total.
- We strongly encourage artists from underrepresented groups and diverse backgrounds to audition.
2020 Hamlet spring tour: Kentucky Shakespeare is seeking locally-based actors for the 2020 spring tour of Hamlet. Kentucky Shakespeare is 1 of 40 U.S. theatre companies selected as a recipient of the NEA Shakespeare in American Communities grant, supporting this program. If you’re unable to attend the auditions in October, please submit a headshot and resume via email to Amy Attaway, Associate Artistic Director. 7 actors and 1 stage manager/sound engineer will be hired February 10-May date TBD. Three weeks rehearsal and touring to schools and parks throughout the area.
2020 Summer Season Actor Submissions:
- Please see the audition notice above.
- If you aren’t able to attend the audition, please submit a headshot and resume via email to Amy Attaway, Associate Artistic Director.
- Callbacks will be scheduled as needed only.
- The 2020 season will include Henry V and two other productions to be announced publicly in February.
- Local actors may submit headshots and resumes on an ongoing basis for future consideration.
- Non-local actors may submit headshots and resumes through December 1, 2019, for consideration for the 2020 Summer Season.
2020 Season Technicians: We are always interested in keeping a roster of local technicians, and we have many spots available for summer 2020. Please contact Amy Attaway, Associate Artistic Director, for more information.
Interns: We offer paid internships in every department of the theatre during our summer season. If you’re interested in learning more, contact Amy Attaway, Associate Artistic Director. During the fall and spring semesters, we seek unpaid interns who wish to gain college credit or resume enhancement.
See the document below for more details about internships.