Thanks to everyone who attended our General Auditions in October for the spring and summer 2020 companies! We will make casting decisions by the end of 2019.
2020 Hamlet spring tour: Kentucky Shakespeare is seeking a locally-based stage manager and sound engineer for the 2020 spring tour of Hamlet. Kentucky Shakespeare is 1 of 40 U.S. theatre companies selected as a recipient of the NEA Shakespeare in American Communities grant, supporting this program. Rehearsals begin February 10, and the tour closes May 17. Please submit resume and cover letter to Amy Attaway, Associate Artistic Director.
2020 Summer Season Actor Submissions:
- General Auditions were October 26 and 28, 2019.
- If you weren’t able to attend the audition, please follow these steps:
- Local actors may submit headshots and resumes on an ongoing basis for future consideration.
- Non-local actors may submit headshots and resumes through November 11, 2019, for consideration for the 2020 Summer Season.
- Callbacks will be scheduled as needed only.
- The 2020 season will include Henry V and two other productions to be announced publicly in February.
2020 Season Technicians: We are always interested in keeping a roster of local technicians, and we have many spots available for summer 2020. Please contact Amy Attaway, Associate Artistic Director, for more information.
- Summer season: We offer paid internships in every department of the theatre. We are not able to provide housing. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Amy Attaway, Associate Artistic Director.
- Fall and spring: we seek unpaid interns who wish to gain college credit or resume enhancement.
- Education: The education department seeks paid interns for our Camp Shakespeare program in the summer, June – August. For more information, contact Hannah Pruitt, Education Programs Manager.
See the document below for more details about internships.