We rely on many volunteers nightly to assist with ushering during our annual Shakespeare Festival in Central Park and through projects throughout the year.
For other volunteer opportunities, please contact Amy Attaway at email@example.com.
Thank you in advance! We couldn’t do it without you.
Summer volunteer signup: Sign Up to Volunteer
The Board of Director’s principal function is to set policies consistent with the mission of the organization, select a leader who can carry out the mission, and monitor the performance of the organization so that public welfare is maximized in a manner consistent with the specific mission of the organization. Board members are the fiduciaries who steer the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical, and legal governance and financial management policies, as well as by making sure the company has adequate resources to advance its mission. Board members also serve as ambassadors and are critical in helping the organization build relationships in the community. The Board works closely with the Producing Artistic Director and staff to bring the mission of the organization to life.
- Provide foresight, oversight and insight to support the mission of the organization.
- Support the programming and the artistic visions of the artists and artist-educators by attending the productions and company events as a member of the public and encourage others to do so.
- Guide the short and long-term plans of the organization and ensure the plans are implemented.
- Understand the budget thoroughly in order to uphold their fiduciary responsibility.
- Help with and engage in fundraising.
- Attend board meetings (typically held in January, March, May, July, September, November on the 3rd Tuesday at 5:30PM)
- Actively participate in at least one committee or engage with one area of programming.
- Attend Stratford Society and other special events representing the board, as able.
- Serve as an advocate of the organization in the community, willingly volunteering to speak to others about the organization and facilitate resources and connections.
- Personally (or through curation) provide annual financial support of the organization, ideally at Stratford level or above.
- Offer feedback, point of view, services and/or connections to the community that as added value can be in lieu of or in addition to financial support.