We rely on volunteers throughout the year for projects including ushering during Kentucky Shakespeare Festival in Central Park, our St. James Court Art Show parking fundraiser, Mayor’s Give A Day of Service park work, specialized projects, and committee work! For volunteer opportunities, please contact Amy Attaway. Thank you in advance! We couldn’t do it without you.
We are currently looking for volunteers to assist directing traffic at our headquarters during our annual St. James Court Art Show parking fundraiser. Two hour and fifteen-minute shifts alongside our board and stuff members. Join us for the fun and sign up here!
The Board of Directors’ principal function is to set policies consistent with the mission of the organization, select a leader who can carry out the mission, and monitor the performance of the organization so that public welfare is maximized in a manner consistent with the specific mission of the organization. Board members are the fiduciaries who steer the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical, and legal governance and financial management policies, as well as by making sure the company has adequate resources to advance its mission. Board members also serve as ambassadors and are critical in helping the organization build relationships in the community. The Board works closely with the Producing Artistic Director and staff to bring the mission of the organization to life.
- Provide foresight, oversight and insight to support the mission of the organization.
- Support the programming and the artistic visions of the artists and artist educators by attending the productions and company events as a member of the public and encourage others to do so.
- Guide the short and long-term plans of the organization and ensure the plans are implemented.
- Understand the budget thoroughly in order to uphold their fiduciary responsibility.
- Help with and engage in fundraising.
- Attend board meetings (typically held in January, March, May, July, September, November on the 3rd Tuesday at 5:30PM at Kentucky Shakespeare Headquarters)
- Actively participate in at least one committee or engage with one area of programming. Committees include Development and Community Engagement Committee, Education Committee, Finance Committee, Marketing and Special Events Committee, and Nominating and Governance Committee.
- Attend Stratford Society and other special events representing the board, as able.
- Serve as an advocate of the organization in the community, willingly volunteering to speak to others about the organization and facilitate resources and connections.
- Personally (or through curation) provide annual financial support of the organization, ideally at Stratford level if possible. (No minimum financial requirement)
- Offer feedback, point of view, services and/or connections to the community that as added value can be in lieu of or in addition to financial support.